Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Transitions...

Well now that I've got summer under control to some degree, i.e., camps, play-dates, et al, there's nothing like the deluge of shipments in August to remind me that change is a comin'. A scarf quickly replaces sunscreen and green leaves soon flutter brown and broken to the ground. I remind myself that it's LA, we DO wear white after Labor Day...



That being said, it is transition time. We are in the thick of the summer doldrums, where it seems everyone is on sale, and though you've only worn that new bikini five times, you find yourself wondering when the September issues of your favorite mags will hit the news stands. Autumn brings warmer tones as we turn away from the sunny hues of mid-summer, and this year look for jewel tones to add some spice to your wardrobe.



Though I rarely lay on the floor and snap pics of my outfits, I may have, had I taken the time to put on so many things! I love the colors of course, but the layers and ethnic feel are what I like best. Also, fall highlights accessories in all their glory. What shoes to wear? How many necklaces? Pom-pom scarf or cashmere? And on top of it all, don't forget the must have hat!


Think 70's boho meets sophisticate. Pair wide-leg jeans with a clean tank and long (possibly bright) necklaces. Add a colorful cardi, et voila! You are French! Well, maybe a stripe or two would help...



minus the creature tail. Seriously, why the fur? Otherwise this is fab for transition time! I'm serious, mix it up! Keep the tones in the same family, but mix and match. I just picked up a skirt at Zara that is orange with a thin blue stripe and am pairing it with an old Christina Lehr, one inch navy/white 3/4 sleeve tee. I'll add a cream long Daft Bird tank for another layer, some sandals and jingly things and I'm ready to go. It feels fresh and kind of silly, which is always fun. It's a good transition idea, and if you shop at MARKET, you for sure have stripes in your wardrobe!

Though we will hold our heads high in sexy spaghetti straps through (cross your fingers) October, Enjoy it now, the end is near...